You’re invited to Grand Hotel’s 10th Annual History Weekend with a unique look into the story behind the wood structure built in 1887 as Grand Hotel celebrates its 131st Anniversary in 2018. Bob Tagatz, Grand Hotel’s Resident Historian and Concierge will take you on a fascinating journey through the history of Mackinac Island and Grand Hotel. Mr. Tagatz, named Historic Hotels of America 2014 Historian of the Year, is a natural story teller who will intrigue you with information about the hotel’s 130 year history and how the island and the hotel came to be what they are today. All guests will also enjoy a tour of the Grand Stables with Bob Tagatz and Stable Manager Ben Mosley, evening receptions and a full breakfast and dinner daily as well as the legendary Grand Luncheon Buffet on Saturday afternoon.
Fall is a great time of year to experience the solitude of Mackinac Island and Grand Hotel. We hope to see you for this special event.
Stay additional nights Thursday, September 20 and/or Sunday, September 23 for $239* per room, per night.
Make your reservation online or call 1-800-334-7263 for availability.
- Full breakfast and dinner daily
- Friday evening Welcome Reception
- Saturday morning Grand Hotel History Lecture by Grand Hotel Historian
- Saturday Grand Luncheon Buffet
- Saturday evening reception
- Tour of the Grand Stables
- Free admission to Fort Mackinac
- Free admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum
- Special discount on ferry boat tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel
Subject to Michigan 6% sales tax, 2% Mackinac Island assessment and a $8.50 per person baggage handling charge. *Dates subject to availability. Additional adult and children’s rates apply.
Arrive: Friday, September 21, 2018
Depart: Sunday, September 23, 2018
$1,075 per couple, $975 single
$1,459 per couple, $1,359 single