Each year, our Somewhere in Time Weekend is one of the most popular and special events during the Grand Hotel season. It’s the perfect time for movie lovers who want to know the cinematic secrets of the timeless romantic classic, and a chance to visit with many people who played a role in the movie.
This special weekend includes a screening of the film, discussions of the movie’s production process, and appearances by returning cast and crew. Guests are invited to make a cameo appearance in costume at the cocktail receptions, and costume promenade. Breakfast and dinner are also included daily where guests may enjoy dining in elegant costumes in Grand Hotel’s Main Dining Room.
Somewhere in Time
Filmed at Grand Hotel and on Mackinac Island in 1979, and released in 1980, Somewhere in Time stars Jane Seymour, Christopher Reeve, and Christopher Plummer.
- about Jane Seymour’s 2019 visit, highlighted on MLive.com.
- Grand Hotel Accommodations
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- All resort amenities
- Friday and Saturday evening receptions
- A special showing of Somewhere in Time
- Appearance by returning cast and crew members
- Special discount on ferry tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel
Somewhere in Time Weekend can also be booked by calling Grand Hotel Reservations at 1-800-334-7263.
Video From 2007 Somewhere In Time Weekend… (via MLive.com)
Fans of the 1979 movie “Somewhere in Time” flock to Mackinac Island in Michigan on this special weekend in October. …
Somewhere In Time Filming Locations on Mackinac Island